Search Blogs

Sunday, January 31, 2010

Third Meeting, Staying

Lee walked up to me, it was obvious she hadn't slept well the night before, if she had slept at all.
"What's going on Lee?" I asked, I no longer referred to her as Ana, there was a new Ana in my life, I wanted to keep them separate.
"I was up all night studying for that stupid science test. Instead I wound up exercising and cutting," she told me, revealing new cuts on her arm.
I nodded understanding. I hadn't slept well either. That test was killing us all, or at least that was the excuse I had decided fit best. What really kept me up at night was trying to figure out if I could really let Ana become apart of my life. Was that a road I was willing to go down? If I decided to travel down that road, how far would it go?
We finished our test, and got through our last class, I had decided to go to Lee's house after school, I needed to get away from my parents. Lee and I were walking when my decision was made for me.
"Hey sweetie, how are you?" He was a friend of Lee's. He hugged her tight but ignored me, it was like I was invisible.
Lee tried to introduce us but when he looked at me, it was like just looking at me made him sick.
I had never felt so bad in all of my life. Once he had left I turned to Lee, "I want in." I told her.
She looked at me confused.
"I want to be like you."
"Like me how?"
Then I said those simple words that changed my life, "I want Ana to help me."
Lee nodded, "I understand."
Then she appeared, the figure I dreamed of having, "I'm Ana," she said to me. "I hear you want my help. You want my feather weight, and my perfect body. You also want that boy to notice you. I will make you perfect."
She walked with us, but it appeared that Lee couldn't see her. Finally I had someoone to help me all the time. Not like when I was with Lee. Lee could only help me when we were together.

No comments:

Post a Comment